- •4 x pork leg steaks
- •¼ cup plain flour
- •½ cup buttermilk
- •1 egg, whisked
- •1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- •½ cup finely grated parmesan
- •¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- •1/3 cup olive oil
- •40g butter
- •lemon wedges, to serve
- •750g baby chat potatoes, halved
- •1 small red onion, finely chopped
- •4 gherkins, sliced
- •2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- •2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- 1.To make potato salad, place potatoes into a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil.
- 2.Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside to cool. Place potatoes into a bowl. Add onion, gherkins, dill and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Cover and chill.
- 3.Place pork steaks between sheets of baking paper and using a meat mallet, pound until 1cm thick.
- 4.Place flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Lightly whisk buttermilk and eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley in a shallow bowl. Dust each piece of pork with flour, dip into egg and evenly coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumb mixture into the pork. Place on a tray and chill for 15 minutes.
- 5.Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 20g butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, and mixture is sizzling, add 2 schnitzels and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Keep warm. Repeat using remaining oil, butter and schnitzels.
- 6.Serve schnitzels with potato salad and lemon wedges.