360g beef blade2 tsp vegetable oil1 garlic clove, minced1 white onion, diced into large cubes1 tbsp coriander root, finely chopped2 kaffir lime leaves130g pumpkin, cubed1 small eggplant, cubed¼ of a whole pineapple, cubed400ml coconut cream3 tsp yellow curry paste1 cup coriander, loosely packed½ tsp pepper
1 cup jasmine rice1/3 cup desiccated coconut2 tbsp fried shallots, to serve
- Slice the beef blade into strips and heat a pan with vegetable oil. Add the large onion, coriander root and garlic clove and cook for 1 min. Then add the beef and cook for a further 2-3 mins until golden brown.
- Meanwhile cube the eggplant and pumpkin into small cubes and add to the pot. Cook for a further 2 mins, then add the curry paste, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves.
- Add the cubed pineapple and leave to gently simmer for 10 mins. Meanwhile cook the jasmine rice, follow the packet instruction.
- In a separate pan heat the desiccated coconut in a pan until golden and toss through the estranged jasmine rice. Garnish with fried shallots before serving.
- Alternatively use beef rump, sirloin or mince to make this curry.
- Other curry pastes can be used to substitute the yellow paste you will find them in most supermarkets.
- When serving your curry try adding garnishes like picked coriander, fried shallots, diced onion or toasted coconut.