4 x 150g Rump Steaks1 loaf white bread1 iceberg lettuce4 sprigs of fresh thyme100g butter1-2 tbsp sunflower oilSalt and pepper, to tasteBlue cheese ranch dressing150g mayonnaise1/2 tsp red miso paste75ml sour cream2 garlic cloves, finely chopped50ml buttermilk1/2 tsp salt1 tbsp white wine vinegarHandful of chives, finely choppedHandful of parsley, finely chopped50g creamy blue cheese
For the blue cheese ranch dressing
- Put aside the herbs and blue cheese. Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Place the blue cheese in a microwave bowl and heat for 30 seconds, or until the cheese has melted. Stir the melted cheese and herbs through the mix, and place to the side.
For the steak sandwiches
- Rub the steaks with the sunflower oil and season with salt to taste. Place the steaks into the pre-heated hot pan flipping the steaks every 15 seconds. After 1 minute add thyme and 50g butter. When the butter starts to foam reduce the heat to medium and continue to flip and baste. Cook for approx. 2-3 minutes (for medium rare). Once cooked to your liking, remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest (+2-3 minutes). Add black pepper to taste.
- Spread the bread slices with the leftover butter and place in the pan used for the steaks. Once the bread is charred, remove and transfer to a plate.
- Tear off the leaves of the iceberg lettuce and add to a mixing bowl. Cover with the ranch dressing and mix through so the lettuce is nice and evenly coated.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the steak and blue cheese ranch iceberg lettuce. Cut in half and enjoy!
- Don’t clean the pan as the thyme and steak oil making the bread extra tasty!
- Rest your meat for as long as the cooking time to maximise juiciness