- •700g pork scotch steaks, thinly sliced
- •500g fresh wide rice noodles (alternatively use 200g dried rice stick noodles)
- •2-3 tablespoons peanut oil
- •1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- •4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and sliced into 2cm pieces
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •1 bunch choy sum, cut into 5cm pieces
- •Sliced red chilli and sesame seeds, to serve
Marinade & cooking sauce
- •Marinade & cooking sauce
- •¼ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- •2 tablespoons cooking wine
- •1 tablespoon brown sugar
- •2 teaspoons sesame oil
- •1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1.To make marinade & cooking sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Whisk until well combined. Reserve half of the mixture. Transfer the remaining mixture to a medium bowl. Add pork and toss to combine. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2.Place noodles into a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 30 seconds to refresh. Drain and set aside.
- 3.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over high heat. Stir-fry pork, in 3 batches (adding extra oil if necessary) for 2-3 minutes until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate
- 4.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over high heat. Add chilli, green onions, garlic and choy sum stems. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 5.Add pork, choy sum leaves, noodles and reserved sauce and gently toss to combine until hot. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with sliced red chilli.