- •2 teaspoons peanut oil
- •1.3kg piece pork neck (Scotch), tied in 2cm intervals
- •4cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- •3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- •2 star anise
- •½ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- •1/3 cup honey
- •2 ½ tablespoons sriracha sauce*
- •¼ cup lime juice
- •½ cup water
- •coriander leaves, steamed jasmine rice, steamed choy sum and lime wedges, to serve
- 1.Preheat slow-cooker on high.
- 2.Heat oil in a large frying pan (or use your metal slow-cooker insert) over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until evenly browned. Place pork in slow-cooker
- 3.Combine ginger, garlic, star anise, soy sauce, honey, sriracha sauce, lime juice and water in medium jug. Whisk until well combined. Pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook for 3 hours on high, turning pork every 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 4.Remove pork from slow-cooker to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Pour sauce from the slow- cooker into a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by a half and slightly sticky.
- 5.Remove string from pork. Slice pork and serve with the sauce, coriander leaves, rice, choy sum, coriander and lime wedges.