- •½ cup teriyaki sauce
- •¼ cup mirin
- •700g small pork fillets, trimmed and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- •2 tablespoon peanut oil
- •2 bunches broccolini, halved (halve thicker stems lengthways)
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- •6 radishes, thinly sliced
- •2 green onions (shallots), trimmed and thinly sliced
- •1 cup frozen podded edamame (soybeans), defrosted
- •Pickled ginger, shredded green onions and micro-herbs like shiso (optional), to serve
- •1 ½ cups sushi rice
- •3 cups water
- •1 tablespoon sushi vinegar
- 1.Combine teriyaki sauce and mirin in a bowl. Transfer ¼ cup to a small bowl and set aside. Add pork to remaining teriyaki mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes (or longer if time permits).
- 2.Meanwhile, to make sushi rice, place rice and water into a micro-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 16-18 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove and using a fork, fluff rice while gradually adding sushi vinegar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat. Add broccolini and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon water, cover and cook for 1 minute or until vibrant. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- 4.Heat remaining oil in the wok, remove pork from marinade and stir-fry, in batches, for 2-3 minutes until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- 5.Arrange rice, pork, broccolini, radishes, green onions and edamame in four shallow serving bowls. Top with pickled ginger, shredded green onions and micro-herbs if liked and serve. Serve with extra teriyaki sauce, if liked.
For a quicker meal, substitute the sushi rice with 2 x 450g packets of quick cook microwave brown rice.