1kg beef sausages1 tbsp vegetable oil4 medium onions, thickly sliced4 cloves garlic, copped1 tbsp grated ginger2 tbsp curry powder1 tsp turmeric500ml tomato passata2 cups beef stock1 tbsp soy sauce1 tsp sugar150ml thickened cream1/4 cup picked coriander leaves
- Heat a large casserole dish over medium heat and fry the sausages in batches until browned. Add the onions and fry for a further 3 minutes or until they are softened. Add in the garlic and ginger and continue to fry until they are fragrant.
- Stir in the curry powder, add turmeric and combine with the onions. Add the tomato passata, stock, soy sauce and sugar and stir well. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, then return the sausages to the pot and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the cream. Serve scattered with coriander leaves.
- If you prefer, you can substitute the stock for water.
- Don’t prick your sausages before cooking as this will cause them to burst.
- Serve with fresh steamed greens such as brocollini and beans