500g beef rump strips550g sweet potatoes, sliced lengthways1 ½ tbsp olive oil1 red onion, thinly sliced1 tsp ground cumin¼ tsp garlic powder¼ tsp chilli powder1 avocado, dicedJuice of ½ a lemon250g punnet cherry tomatoes, diced80g feta cheese, crumbled2 green onions, thinly slicedSour cream and mixed salad leaves, to serve
Explore more content
- Preheat a sandwich press. Lightly spray the sweet potato with olive oil.
- Cook the potatoes in the sandwich press for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway, or until just tender. Set aside to cool slightly then slice into 1cm thick fries.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef strips, cumin, garlic powder, and chilli powder. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and cooked through.
- In a bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place sweet potatoes on a plate. Top with the beef mixture, avocado and tomato. Sprinkle with feta and green onions. Serve with sour cream and mixed salad.